Tips Covered In Video:
1) Stop Talking – Sales is more about listening than it’s about talking. Talk longer than an hour and you’ll drown the prospect
2) Stop Interrupting – don’t be too eager to make your point. Take notes, address when done. Ask “Do you mind if I comment on those things”
3) It’s Not About You! – Gaining perspective is gaining rapport
4) Stop Apologizing – Sorry to bother you, but… (also, don’t with, “how’s it going today” – jump right in)
5) Don’t Be Shy About Price – Your tone says everything, Tone over content.
6) Stop Counting Your Deals Before They Come In – A deal is not done when a prospect promises to do business. “Liars List”
7) Don’t Wait – Salespeople that wait around are never going to be successful, got get it. Be a leader, not a follower.
8) Go Into A Call Without An Objective – No goal, No progress, No sale
9) Don’t Complain – If tomorrow every salesperson in the world woke up without the ability to complain, the world economy would skyrocket! The lead is not bad, your sales skills are bad.
Bonus Tip – Selling is nothing more than convincing somebody to do something that’s better than them. If what you’re selling will help them, you have an obligation to sell it to them. You must 1st be sold first though, if you’re not 100% sold on your product/service, you’ll not be able to sell the prospect on it.
Presented by: JB Kellogg
JB Kellogg is the Co-Founder & Co-CEO of Madwire®. Madwire’s brands Marketing 360® and Top Rated Local® are popular platforms used to help small businesses grow. Madwire was founded in 2009 and has since grown to nearly 1,000 people and over 100MM in annual revenue. JB & Co-CEO Joe Kellogg were recognized as Glassdoor’s Highest Rated CEOs for 3 consecutive years (#1 overall in 2016). JB is passionate about small business marketing, leadership, sales, team culture and more and often shares the tips, tricks and strategies he’s learned in life and while growing Madwire.
JB Kellogg on LinkedIn:
Marketing 360® is the #1 Marketing Platform® for Small Business. It has everything you need from design, to marketing, to CRM. Powered by Madwire® – voted one of the Nation’s Best Places to Work by Glassdoor in 2016 & 2017!
Marketing 360® Website: https://www.marketing360.com/
Madwire® Website: https://www.madwire.com/