Instagram just released a new feature to make it easier for small businesses to weather closures and stay-at-home restrictions – food delivery & gift card stickers!
Whether you’re a small business looking for ways to keep income steady right now, or just want to promote a business you love on social media (it tastes good AND feels good!), these Instagram Stories stickers could be your answer.
Below, we’re explaining each sticker and how to use them.
Plus we’ve sprinkled in helpful tips to get the most out of food delivery & gift card stickers on Instagram!
Who Can Use Instagram Food Delivery & Gift Card Stickers?
Instagram Business accounts and Creator accounts in the US and Canada can access this Instagram feature. A global rollout is planned in the next few weeks, so just hang tight if you don’t see it quite yet!
How to Use the Instagram Food Delivery Sticker
Setting up and using the Instagram delivery sticker is simple – it works just like the other Instagram custom stickers! When your followers tap it, they’ll be taken to a website to complete their order.
Here’s what to do:
- Choose an appetizing food pic from your camera roll 🥗
- Upload your photo to Instagram Stories
- Tap the Sticker icon and select “🚚Food Orders”
- Choose your delivery partner site (common choices are Postmates, UberEats, and DoorDash)
- Publish your Story!
Tailwind Tip: Instagram and Food Delivery Work Best with the Right Delivery Service!
An important thing to keep in mind when setting up your delivery sticker is choosing the right delivery service for your area. For the most opportunity, take a quick spin through the available delivery service options and double-check which deliver in the widest range around your business or zip code!
This is especially true in rural areas and small towns (for example, food and drink delivery is only available during certain days and times in my town when Postmates are in the area. DoorDash isn’t available, and UberEats – forget about it!)
Here’s what you should do:
- Do some recon on which services most restaurants in your area partner with
- Look into the key times and days that delivery services are most busy in your area – this could influence when you post stickers in Stories!
How to Use the Instagram Gift Card Sticker
Setting up the Instagram gift card system takes a little legwork on the back end, but once you have it live, it’s easy to operate and add with Instagram stickers! Here’s how:
Tailwind Tip: Ask Your Followers to Share the Instagram Card Sticker
For more reach and sales of business gift cards, shares and shoutouts are crucial to spread the word! You may have to share your partner link with them so they can figure out how to send a gift card on Instagram to their Stories or ask them to direct those who are curious to your Instagram profile.
Some ideas to get engagement and more Instagram card shares:
- Ask other business owners and influencers in your niche to cross-promote
- Ask your followers to share gift cards and shout outs
- Check with local Chambers of Commerce and visitors boards to find out if they’d be willing to share
- Host a gift card giveaway or Instagram contest to get more eyes on your Instagram card opportunity!
Add Delivery, Gift Cards, and Fundraiser Buttons to Your Instagram Profile
You can also add food delivery & gift card Action buttons directly to your Instagram profile.
Like call, email and booking action buttons, you can add an Action button that appears right under your Instagram bio. By tapping it, your followers are taken to the linked website to buy a gift card, order food for delivery.. or they can donate to a fundraiser!
Have you used any of these stickers yet? Let us know how it’s gone in the comments below, or if you have any lingering questions! 👇